Electrolux History Video 100 years from Electrolux Group on Vimeo.
Lead the communications that create outstanding experiences for millions of people across Europe
At Electrolux we are passionate about improving everyday life for millions of people and the planet. It’s embodied in everything we do. We believe that great tasting food brings people together. That our favorite clothes bring out the best in us. And that the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
For our Business Area Europe we are looking for a Communications Director to develop and drive leadership, employee and external communications for the commercial organization which covers the function of Sales & Services and the cross-functional teams in the 9 clusters (sales offices) we are having in Europe.
About the role
As Communications Director for Sales & Services Europe you will drive and coordinate a broad corporate communications agenda to define, generate and activate key topics and platforms to further strengthen Electrolux’ reputation and company brand in the region. You will proactively seek external opportunities as well as be a key spokesperson for Electrolux, conveying the corporate messages and also train others to be spokespeople. Another important objective is to strengthen the engagement with Electrolux among our stakeholders (especially employee engagement).
In this role you will report to the VP Communications Business Area Europe and you will be part of the Group’s Corporate Communications organization with colleagues in all regions around the world while also being an integral part of the European communications team that develops and deploys cross-border communication strategies, concepts and projects. You will sit in the Sales & Services Europe leadership team, and functionally report into the SVP Sales & Services Europe.
This is a full-time permanent role preferably based in our Global Headquarters office in Stockholm/Sweden where we are 60+ nationalities under the same roof and we’re quite happy with the look and feel of the office! Alternatively we are also opened to have this role based in Brussels/Belgium or Nuremberg/Germany.
You will travel approx. 30% of the time to ensure close management of local activities in the different markets as well as coordination with the local offices.
A regular day at work
• Drive and advice on leadership communications and major initiatives to Senior Vice President of Sales & Services as well as GMs and HR;
• Activate senior leaders’ presence and activity to increase interaction with teams and alignment of objectives;
• Work closely together with HR and Marketing functions to roll-out global initiatives and tools together that encourage dialog/feedback and effective collaboration across teams;
• Build an understanding of the Group’s vision, values and direction, as well as sector goals and strategy; support a high commitment to and engagement for the Electrolux Purpose and Group objectives among the employees in the sector;
• Lead and coordinate messaging through multiple channels and stakeholders and drive change to promote cultural transformation and employee engagement;
• Implement Group Corporate Media Relations activities and tools in the region and act as a media spokesperson and manage consumer-related issues management.
Who you are
You enjoy to work in a truly global environment and you like to deliver in cross-functional teams;
You have exceptional collaboration skills, proven ability to partner effectively with other functions and business representatives and you enjoy to get in-depth understanding of the company, its strategy, operations, business objectives and industry;
Great listener and awesome communicator.
You have outstanding communication skills and have the ability to convince, influence and engage executive stakeholders, peers, and colleagues on the business transformation journey;
You have exceptional persuasion and influence skills communicating with all levels both externally and internally and you are great at building constructive relationships across the organization and instill trust and rapport with external partners;
You have been driving change communications and you are eager to transform the business;
Your style involves both keeping a helicopter view on the high level priorities, while in the same time you are able to adapt having a hands-on approach when needed;
You have a great ability to quickly analyze complex scenarios to determine where and how communication can
You know how to get thorough knowledge of audience key values and use it to achieve communications goals beyond mere understanding or agreement, such as engagement and active support.
• Ideally you are having a proven track record in a similar role, 10+ years of experience in corporate communications incl. media relations and social media/digital communication - several of those in an international environment - from company, agency or consultancy side. Beyond classic media relations and communications methods, you have a genuine interest in and understanding of the changes in the communication environment;
• Relevant academic degree or equivalent, fluency in English and preferably broader language skills;
• Experience in effectively communicating with senior executives and outside thought leaders to win support for programs;
• Credibility and gravitas in dealing with the media as corporate spokesperson;
• Proven experience in managing issues and crisis situations;
• Solid experience from working with cross-border communication and with previous experience in the European region.
Apply before May the 20th via this link
Contact person is Ana Timofei – Talent Acquisition Partner.